Old 01-05-2014, 14:18   #1
darkyojimbo

darkyojimbo is on a distinguished road
No wrath of the warrior:(

After seeing that seeing that adventures pub question for how you would like to see warriors change I was quiet excited and praying that they would give warriors something to make them fun to play or at least something to compete against the mighty assassin class. But it looks like its going to be Trojans turn next in the limelight

But anyway I was just interested in what you guys think they should do with the warrior class and if anyone had any ideas on how the developers should go about designing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are a couple of ideas which have been floating about:

-Advanced reflect for pure warriors: increase activation rate or increase damage reflect to 5000, up from 2000 (or even reflect full damage, which I think would be a little too silly).

-Putting Hp on two-handers like knives, and lowering the amount of strength needed on two-handers. The increase hp would help and warrior should have higher hp then assassins being the defensive tank class.

- Defensive stance update: Defensive stance is pretty much useless as it makes you a sitting duck. The increased defence is not enough to make it usable. Perhaps giving doubling stats such as block, immunity and anti-crit as well as the increased defence would help this would mean warrior can have 100% block chance effectively halving all damage and also reduce crazy damage from crits and breakthrough. Also making it so warriors can run and mount during stance would mean they can actually attack and move out of aoe making it a lot more fun to use.

- increase range on two-handers: two-handers do have a slight advantage in range over one-handers but it is barely noticeable. Increasing this range would make meleeing targets with spear a more viable choice of fighting especially if used with defensive stance. Not increasing it too much like pirate gun abilities or assassin range. But maybe 1.8* its current or perhaps night devil range. This would be a welcome quality of life change.

- Dash update: Dash is not used at all by warriors and should be looked at as a solution for warrior game-play. Maybe not making it a high damage ability but instead making it core part of warrior pvp and assisting high damage classes. Making it do something like this:

Dash: Dash dashes the warrior forward 12 paces slamming enemies back with their shield hitting for 110% damage. All enemies hit are disarmed for 4 seconds and knocked back. Depending on how close the warrior was when he dashed the knock back can vary. If close when used then the knock back will be further. If knocked into a wall, enemy player, enemy monster or npc(such as guild pole, gw2, flag, ect) the enemy is stunned for 2 seconds and takes double damage from the dash.

- Making shield block permanent toggle on/off buff like counter kill: Just a quality of life buff to so we're not wasting stamina and have less downtime

Something like that would be insane. Lining up dash to knock into other players and walls whilst aiming it like fastblade would take alot of skill and set up kills for your team/guild in group fights giving the warrior a key role, other then just doing damage.

OR they could take the Shield Charge which they are putting in Conquer 3

Shield Charge: Dash into the target with a Shield to knock them back and cause Stun for 2-3 seconds.

Official conquer 3 website: http://co3.91.com/news/08132012/003221388.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------

These are what I what do to the warrior class. What would you guys do to it if you had the chance to change it?

Last edited by darkyojimbo; 01-05-2014 at 19:15.
darkyojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 14:29   #2
pashtun
FinalBoss

pashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond reputepashtun has a reputation beyond repute
idk if u are serious or trolling. If u are trolling then u succeed to make me laugh out loud on several occasions. If u are serious..........................pffff how to put this....every of those suggestion makes the class severely OP. Warriors already got tons of boost from HP through shield, they already got block advantage and hella high p-def and if u are gonna give them the best offence as well...what u are saying is u want to have a class with strongest offensive capabilities as well as strongest defensive capabilites, in what world is that not OP?

If you wanna play warrior and beat people who have same stats as yourself you need to show some skill, things like vortex calculated distance + melee.
pashtun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 14:45   #3
tamika

tamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond reputetamika has a reputation beyond repute
a warrior on my server has like 21k def or so,42-44k hp,and your crying about warriors....pfft.
tamika is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 14:54   #4
darkyojimbo

firstly, thanks for the reply

second, yea I'm serious. In terms of hp, warrior are in a ok position but being tanky, defensive class shouldn't they be at the top? ok they get hp from shield which has given quiet a good boost but when compared to assassins it just doesn't seem a lot. Also keep in mind classes like Trojans get a lot more points to put into hp which gives them a relatively high hp as well.

p-defence also does nothing to stop magic and assassin damage. In general p-defence also doesn't seem to be that great of a stat. I have a +8 warrior gear and against people my own bp (around 300) it doesn't seem to do much to stop there damage even with block.

(Although I'll admit I can be mistaken since I have never played a full +12 -7 king warrior before)

In terms of attacking capability maybe taking off the damage part of the dash suggestion or reducing it greatly would be a good idea, as I can see 220% be a lot of damage if you knock them into a wall. Although I still think this ability or suggestion would make warrior a lot more fun to play.

The range idea doesn't make warrior damage crazy but makes it easier to hit. It also makes a lot of sense for a warrior wielding a two-hander (lets say about 2 metres) to land a melee hit before or at a greater distance then someone wielding a fist(the length of your arm). Also keeping in mind that alot of classes get extra range from abilities like two-fold/herc/ triple hit.

You say show some skill, but I feel like am showing a lot skill in arena and still get done by other classes due to the limitations of a warrior. I have a +12 spear but I still struggle to kill range classes with lower battle power as my speedgun won't even kill enemies. The only luck I seem to be getting is when I can do back to back to back changing vortex's (which usually get interrupted by reflect) to land kills and even then it feels like pure luck rather then skill.
Old 01-05-2014, 14:57   #5
Karyn
iR Lysa

Karyn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond reputeKaryn has a reputation beyond repute
Warriors got an update not to long ago. Adding CV and they probably have the best pure ability there is.

I think warriors are fairly balanced if you know how to play them.. could maybe do with a slightly stronger non passive skill, but thats about it.
Server = Faith
Crystal player for 10 years.
--------------------------
<3 Katrina, one of my bestest friends in the world =D
Ma bishes n nubcakes <3: Dave, Gary, Chelle, Trancie, Ryan, Doug, Zane, Kim, Rachel, Jedica

greenhornet ma bestest fan =D

You only get to live life once, don't waste it.

ReMind is awesome.
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 15:19   #6
darkyojimbo

Charging vortex is no fun and doesn't feel like it fits in the warrior tools as well I really wanna whack guys with my spear in melee but it seems impossible especially against range charaters. Maybe not melee ones although they seem to do a hell of alot more damage with triple strike ect.

btw Karyn who are you on crystal?
Old 01-05-2014, 15:38   #7
uDontWannaPlay

uDontWannaPlay is on a distinguished road
in dragon server one warrior got 48k HP without rank on dragon chi what u want more .
uDontWannaPlay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 15:47   #8
jinks

jinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkyojimbo View Post
Charging vortex is no fun and doesn't feel like it fits in the warrior tools as well I really wanna whack guys with my spear in melee but it seems impossible especially against range charaters. Maybe not melee ones although they seem to do a hell of alot more damage with triple strike ect.

btw Karyn who are you on crystal?
So you want a new skill not because warriors are under powered but because the new skill they did receive which is actually very similar to other class skills isn't to your liking.
jinks is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 15:58   #9
darkyojimbo

well vortex isn't a warrior still its a two-handed skill. Any class can use it with a two-hander. And yea kinda vortex is very boring its impossible to miss prefer having them change warriors to make them based around doing melee hits with speed gun/(insert two-handerskill). Although thats just my opinion.

On a side note maybe I got the wrong end of the stick with hp. Although I still think assasins shouldn't have higher hp then us.
Old 01-05-2014, 16:05   #10
MGofChaos

MGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond reputeMGofChaos has a reputation beyond repute
vortex is **** skill i just hate spam skills.
MGofChaos is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 16:09   #11
jinks

jinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond reputejinks has a reputation beyond repute
Warrior should loose stamina at least 50% faster due to having to wear heavy and bulky armour along with a 2 handed weapon and a shield, oh and running would be extremely difficult.
jinks is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2014, 16:09   #12
Cowboy86

Cowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond repute
War with 24k def op
Extra added hp
Speed gun one hits all
And you get a free aoe
And if u don't like that u got viper fang so
Ur already that much better than tros
Old 01-05-2014, 16:11   #13
darkyojimbo

Defence useless against taoists and assasins and doesn't really stop damage anymore thanks to Battle power/breakthrough/crits/final damage

+12 spear full sdg and still not one shotting assassins with speed gun with lower or about equal BP.

edit: I hate making statement like this with no proof so I'll get to work on getting some evidence for this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also warriors feel like they bring very little to the table recently especially in team fights and gws.

Waters: Revie, shield and stig
Monks: Auras, shackle and crazy damage on bosses and pole/gates
Assasins: Strong damage on bosses and pole/gates, strong constant damage and the stun
Ninjas: Poison, strong damage and poison star
Fire: Strong constant damage and slows enemies (help team with kills)
Pirates: Good damage on bossing and gates/pole with some range damage
Trojans: Hit hard and more to come in the expansion
Warriors: Ok damage and hard to kill.

Warriors have very little to support there team when you consider how little charging vortex does.

Giving warriors a little more utility and some quality of life changes could go a long way ,even without adding a brand new skill.

Last edited by darkyojimbo; 01-05-2014 at 16:19.
Old 01-05-2014, 16:15   #14
Cowboy86

Cowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy86 has a reputation beyond repute
Trojans hit hard bro?
U srs just say that?!?!
K that's it I'm done.....
Old 01-05-2014, 16:15   #15
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Do people still ask for buffs?

No they still should nerf every class past (or incl.) monk.
***9650; ***9650;

Computer scientist

~*panda*~ is a liar
Proof

Achmed the football expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ahmed~ View Post
what the **** are you talking about? germany can never beat france with such ill performance. they hardly got past algeria.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: