Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 00:56   #1
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Avast blocking AutoPatchRestart.exe

Is anyone else having problems with Avast blocking CO?

On Sunday I'd been playing for hours; also played on Saturday and was fully autopatched. Had one character sitting online and, several minutes previously, had exited a second CO session ready to login another character.

Then I suddenly got a pop-up warning from Avast antivirus. Process C:\Program Files\Conquer Online 2.0\AutoPatchRestart.exe was apparently trying to send some data to an address marked as suspicious. The address it was trying to send to started with http://yodasp.1dumb.com/index.php. Avast had blocked it.

I've checked AutoPatchRestart.exe and it has the same details as the versions two of my friends have (same size; same date & time modified). I've scanned the file, the CO folder and my whole system: no virus or anything like that has been found. I've even replaced my AutoPatchRestart.exe with one from a friend. But when I try to run CO now Avast wants me to start it up in a sandbox.

- Why would AutoPatchRestart be active when there was no autopatching going on?
- That site name doesn't look like one TQ would use.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Attribute points list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizaro View Post
I seem to get along with botters very good, but they never talk to me and kill my mobs all the time

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 04-26-2012, 19:57   #2
Draconis71
Banded

Draconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond reputeDraconis71 has a reputation beyond repute
Autopatch being blocked

It was being blocked for me too. I _WAS_ able to download 1 of the 2 required patches via the manual patch (numeric IP's)... Now, that's blocked too...
LAST time there was a "false positive" (according to CO) it WAS an infected file.
Not updating till I KNOW TQ's got things fixed.
Confidence with the current botting situation makes me leery to update now.
Avast also detected heuristically... unsafe... actions by the most recent patch (Sandbox)
Draconis71 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31   #3
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, Avast is blocking CO patches, but it's being inconsistent about it. A friend of mine who also uses Avast has had it report more patches as infected than I have. That could be because he uses the free version and I paid for mine, I guess, but if anything I'd expect the free version to be less secure than the purchased version, not the other way around.

Attribute points list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizaro View Post
I seem to get along with botters very good, but they never talk to me and kill my mobs all the time

Some of my 2nd rb Dream/Crystal characters:
_Twoflower_: Pure arch
Jeanie1: Nin-war-monk
Rat_trap: Wat-war-monk
*Gregorian* & TwoFlower: Pure monks
Draupadi: Nin-war-fire
Taoflower: Pure wat
The-Last-Resort : Tro-war-arch

Old 05-28-2012, 02:49   #4
momkk78

momkk78 is on a distinguished road
just close avast anti virus and i recommend u to use AVG anti viruse
momkk78 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2012, 07:02   #5
hippy
daa?

hippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond reputehippy has a reputation beyond repute
Try avira antivirus. had no problems wiv co. no problems wiv anything
BastA: what ????
FloppyDonkey 131/131/138 Water Warrior Trojan

hippy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36   #6
rewargo
Warrior

rewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond reputerewargo has a reputation beyond repute
Just turn off Avast when patching. The same thing about Avira except that Avira only blocks the update.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: